Guest House Rules/Regulations & Policies
The Rules/Regulations and Policies of the establishment are such as prevail in all First Class Guest Homes. The cooperation of our guests is requested so that all may be better served. Kindly report any inattention on the part of our staff to the management.
- Check –In Time: 2:00 pm (or by appt.)
- Check-Out Time: 11:00 am
- We accept MasterCard, VISA, American Express & Discover cards, as well as cash and personal checks (a deposit of one night’s stay is required at time of reservation)—RESERVATIONS ARE GUARANTEED.
- Cancellations – Daily Rooms: full credit when cancellation is two weeks prior to scheduled visit, 50% credit with one week’s notice and no credit if less than one week.
- Cancellations – Special Event & Whole House Bookings will be charged a deposit of one night’s stay (required at time of booking) Our cancellation policy is 21 Days prior to date of the booking for special event and whole house bookings — deposit of one night’s stay will not be refunded.
- Breakfast is served daily at 9:00 AM with full rate booking.
- Keys: Lost or stolen keys will be charged to your account in the amount of $50.00 per key. The Guest House will be locked at all times.
- No pets allowed
- Smoking is strictly prohibited. (Guests may smoke in court yard).
- No candle burning.
- No children under age of 10 unless you are reserving whole house. Children must be supervised at all times.
- Our license does not allow us to sell alcoholic beverages
- Use of common areas: Guests are invited to use the parlour & library at their convenience (lights will be turned off at 12:00 midnight)
- Quiet Time: Noise must be kept to a minimum after 10 pm.
- Linen Usage: To be environmentally sensitive linens will be changed every third day, towels will be changed every day if found on floor or in laundry basket—floors and beds must be kept free of objects that would prevent the housekeepers from being able to change linens and vacuum floors.
- Robes are provided for guest usage—please leave guest robes in your room when you vacate—lost or stolen robes will be charged to the guest in the amount of $150.00
- Responsibility of Valuables: Guests are encouraged not to leave jewelry, cameras, money, other valuables, etc. in rooms unsecured—guests personal effects are their responsibility—the owners/operators of the J.B. King Guest House are not responsible for any loss resulting from guest negligence.
- Parking & Traffic Issues: Guest parking is in front of the barn in the marked places. Guests are strongly encouraged to exit the driveway front first and should always yield to oncoming traffic especially from the north.
- J.B. King Owners/Operators/Management/Partnership shall not be held responsible for loss or injury of a guest’s personal property due to guest negligence. All guests understand that entrance/exits are accommodated by the use of handrails and lighting and should exercise care and safety during their stay as if they were in their own home.
Jeremiah B. King Guest House